comics of life

i have an old copy of this comic strip hanging on my fridge for all visitors to see. though i have out grown the '3' kids mentioned, there are still days it applies. once upon a time i had a 5 point goal for my life. it involved a downtown apartment, a sports car that went super fast, owning my own business and the like. But God had other plans for my life. it included marriage, 5 kids, NO sports car, and no horses. there have been many times over the years as i struggled with what faith meant, what God's will was and why it never seemed to be mine. this is where God gave me the best gift of all, my children. i know very well there are times when i treat God as if i am my own 3yr old child. He tells me what i should be doing or what i should not do, and of course in my humanity, i fight with Him and do just the opposite of what i know to be right/correct. because He loves me, He must discipline me in order to get me back on His track. and God knows what is best for my life and which way i should go for His own good pleasure. so my children, the children that i had avoided having and thought i did not need or want have given me the greatest joys, sorrows, and insight into my faith and a deeper love for my Heavenly Father. Thank you God for giving me what i did not want, but what i desperately needed!!!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts