the sun will come out...

my children were watching annie again today. i got my daughter hooked on musicals, so she and i will dance around the house while singing various songs from 7 brides for 7 brothers, annie, and we are working on tunes from my fair lady.

anyway, during the opening song i chose to belt out "the sun'll come out tomorrow". now normally, i can carry a tune well, but today i was teasing my son at the same time trying to finish the brownie in my mouth ;-) my oldest son is a music perfectionist. in the van, he gets very irritated if people are not singing the right words in the right pitch. he works very hard at this himself, so every once in a while, i have to play along.

while i was belting the finishing verses as loudly as i could in the kitchen, danny popped his head around the corner with a very serious look on his face and said "mama, i think we should let the little red haired girl sing it." and disappeared into the TV room again. i tell you, i almost shot brownie out of my mouth, i was laughing so hard. he remained polite yet serious and asked me 'so very nicely' to stop singing. i tell you, much better than the last song run in we had in the car. our 3yr old got a bit of a tongue lashing and my oldest got quite a lecture. ;-)

Comments

  1. Oh friend, this post makes me MISS YOU! Wish I could have been there ... need a nanny? *hint hin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering what got that song stuck in JJ's head all afternoon... now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have also been working on "i feel pretty" from west side story and "i could have danced all night" from my fair lady. i would love to have you hear, mel, to get the show in person. and sweetie, we shall do our show for you very soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts