the unkown

the unknown is just getting to me today!! i was having a txt war with my friend (since we have no time for conversations with kids and 3yr olds to deal with) and she mentioned wanting to know what was going to happen next spring. see, with military families there is this impending 'move' that hangs over our heads. sometimes it pops out of no where. our first PCS option was like that. we had been in our very first home purchase for a mere 4 months when we got a call offering an overseas assignment in korea. we turned it down at the time, but were adequately warned that we would receive moving orders in 3 months for a move in 6 months.

you also have the possible move. you know you are going to work on a special assignment or school option and you have the whole packet thing (like when we entered the military after seminary). you get to wonder if they looked over your information, if they liked what they saw, if they 'hire' you for whatever you are going for, and then when you find out you have to wonder where they will send you after you are accepted.

then you have the impending move. you know they are going to move you around, you are due for the shuffling, but you have no idea where or when. this where we are. we know they are going to move us next summer. we are doing a year long school in the DC area and next summer we have our follow on tour. the great news is this tour should be a full 3 years. since 06 we have done 20mos in NC, 10mos in KS, now we have 14mos here in DC so looking at another move might seem scary to some. oh, i forget to mention that we need a tiny 6mos thing in SC. anyway, i do enjoy looking around this country and getting to experience what some people never will. however, i get to chew my nails or worse.... i can look online at the various places we COULD move and do my obsessive house hunting. but that can be worse because then i fall in love with a place only to NOT go there to get it. ah, the military life. but i do enjoy it. so crazy huh??

Comments

  1. Wow...I am again reminded of the sacrifice of military families. I thank u so much....your honor and duty and love of country is very much appreciated! Thanx, too for your sweet comments on my blog about homeschooling. Sounds like you've been 2 Iowa?

    Blessings, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was born in ames, raised in boone and des moines till i married my military man at age 19. i miss it very much, well i miss the sweet corn very much.... and fareway ;-) oh, and my dad's whole family lives in cedar rapids, i happen to love the oat smell. thank you for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAREWAY!!!! My mom is comign down for my birthday over Labor Day Weekend and you beter believe I'm asking for Fareway!

    You should come for my b-day, too ... *nudge nudge* I'll ask my mom to bring you Fareway! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts