Pomodoro Sauce

This sauce is a light red sauce, designed to be a highlight on pasta, not a thick marinara.  Though if you are like my husband and prefer moist pasta, you can of course put more on :-)  I got this from my darling southern buddy and have used it a lot!!!

You Need:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3, 16oz can crushed tomato (Italian seasoned if you wish)
1 tsp Sicilian oregano (I use my Italian blend instead)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper

Heat oil in saucepan over medium, add garlic and saute until garlic is golden brown (apx 3 minutes).  Toss the tomato and the juice into the saucepan.  Add your spices.  Simmer on low for 45 minutes.  If you need to add water, do so, sauce should not b e brick red or pasty.  Makes about 6, 1 cup servings.

Comments

Popular Posts