Fraggin' it up!

Mommy's IdeaMy Friday, how I have missed you.   So many days to wander through and survive before you come along...
I am going to try to get a jump on my fragments and give my poor hamster a break.  Starting this post on Monday (wow, scary!!)




Our week consists of this... rain.  Rain, rain, with a touch more rain thrown in for effect.  We actually like rain here.  The grass grows, which means my oldest boy mows it for his wages.  It also means the kids get to run around the deck in the rain happily getting wet.  I did this a lot as a kid.  My mother would let us out in the cul-de-sac and we would sing in the rain to our heart's content.  It's fun!!  (ok, so this is actually 2 weeks old, how do I miss an entire drafted post!!!???)


I had a visitor on my C2C website that thoroughly got my attention.  She posts about her adventures and travels in TX.  I just love her detail and the history she shares.  I am such a history junkie!!  If you happen to be through TX, you will want to know that some of this stuff exists!!


Had the scariest experience of my life, and I have birthed 5 kids.  That earthquake that hit VA and DC this week was truly scary.  And yes, I can still talk about how totally freaked out I was.  Remember, I am an honest blogger.  I think I was more scared than my own kids who thought standing on a swaying deck was actually sort of cool.  If you want to read about my sissy moment, click here.


Ok, I just think this guy is hilarious!!  So many of his videos are just fun to watch!  This one is making me chuckle this week because I have had to cut down on the way I drink coffee for my weight loss plan.  The first cup of the day is leftovers from hubby's brewed coffee.  I measure out my 1 tsp of sugar and creamer.  So it looks so much more like a total black coffee.  Then later in my day I get my latte from my beloved machine.  You may not ever want to research what your favorite latte calories are :-(




This was our first week of Homeschool.  I think it went well!!  We started slowly and I think I almost started too slow.  Anyway, it was fun to get back into a full routine.  We did summer school, but it was very relaxed.  Our first day of school picture for the year!!


Here is our music video of the year.  I always like to kick school off with something fun so the kids get as jazzed as I do ;-)  You can read more detail about our first week of school here.





We are prepping for Irene to hit us.  The last time a hurricane hit Maryland, our area lost power for 5 days.  So if I happen to disappear this week, please don't panic.  God is good, all the time, and a shelter in every storm.
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.  For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.  Psalm 27:4-5


Comments

  1. No power for five days sounds awful--we hate losing power for just a few hours! Sure hope that hurricane misses you!

    Liked the music on your little video, also the credits were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that the hurricane passes through without too much damage. Earthquakes can be scary - we had a big one in Washington (state) while I was in college. I'd love for it to rain here, it's been in the 80s and sunny and I'm not really a summer person I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy. I'm sorry the earthquake freaked you out, but I'm glad you are okay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts