Have you heard of the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman? He brings to light an interesting concept of a love language. You need to be told "you are loved" in a way you will understand. The basic languages are: acts of service, quality time, physical touch, words of affirmation, and giving gifts. My husband is very clearly words of affirmation. I fail to verbalize how much I love him because my love language is acts of service.
I love my husband very much, but like many folks, I have a hard time letting him know. I tell others and brag him up quite a bit, but I neglect to let him know how much I admire him.
So here are just a few things I love about my hubby:
- He preps the coffee for the morning!! This is huge since we both drag out of bed early. When he is on duty or traveling for work, I grumble about having to do this myself :-(
- He is willing to warm things up for me. I appear to be cold blooded, so he will slide into bed first to warm up my side of the sheets. Since our rental house gets cold, he bought me flannel sheets and adorable flannel jammies.
- He wants to spend time with me.
- He gets up with the kids at night!! Except for the nursing phase when I am needed, he has been the one to consistently get up with kid issues at night.
- He is just as active as I am. So I have a hiking, jogging, walking, strolling buddy at all times.
- I love his stature and build. I love the fact that he is taller than me, he is strong, and he has muscle.
- I love the fact that he is willing to help manage kids.
- He is stable. I know he will always be here for and with me.
- He is willing to apologize and does so readily.
- He loves God and encourages me in my Christian life.