The HS weeks of stress...

The Homeschool Mother's Journal
As life has just been crazy around here, you may notice that I have been absent with the blogging.  I also have really fallen off the bandwagon with the Monday Memories postings.  This Monday, I plan on being pretty lazy again... I am re-posting something I found as I was combining my Homeschool blog with this one.  I just don't have time to keep both of them up.  So I must say goodbye to one of them :-(  

Blogger makes the integration pretty easy, I just couldn't get the old posts to publish automatically in here.  But as I was going through the publish process, I came across this blog post.  I made me laugh simply because I am not on the other side of the catastrophic news of the unexpected move.  Enjoy my memories and you can link your own in the comment section.



In my life this week…

This post was written 2 weeks ago and I am just now getting it up.  I will mesh the 2 weeks together for you all.

We sort of had our lives shaken up this week.  Ok, not sort of, it feels more like the carpet was yanked out from under us and no one gave us warning.  The Army is moving us to Alaska... right in the middle of our '4yrs in the same duty location'.  I had a good pout Monday night but I am better now.  We are getting very excited!!

I have to laugh because I have been reading a couple Navy wives' blogs who are moving overseas and I was so thankful that I didn't have to deal with an overseas PCS (move) right now.  Haha on me, right?

In our homeschool this week…

The kids finished their newspaper, but we ran out of black ink.  Having to wait till next week's budget means I have nothing to print off and picture for you guys.  I don't like to put our last name out there, so uploading it for sharing wasn't an option either (unless I want to do a bunch of editing ;-) )  They had a blast doing it, and that was so much fun to watch!

I like to stagger some of the subjects (or be frugal and spread out the expenses, whichever you choose to say) and we started our new spelling book along with our new Apologia Science.  My kids really love the Zoology books.  I highly recommend them.  Our daughter likes to just read her lessons and savor them.  The boys prefer to do the experiments and find all the critters.  I can tailor the experience for each child and their interests.  VERY cool!!

We are editing the newspaper together and I am hoping to have it printed and mailed to our family this weekend.  The kids really did enjoy writing these things :-)


Things that inspired me...

I found a great resource this last week, did you happen to stumble across it?  Over at Highhill Homeschool, I found a great geography directory with I Saw it on Vacation.  If you see or do something on vacation that pertains to geography (she has posts from herself and others from all over the world!!) hop on over and link those in!!

In the same vein, since we love history, I created the same sort of directory for History Hunting.  If you have some history to share with others, or a historic field trip that folks really should go do, tell me about it :-)


Places we are going and people we are seeing…

I love our private little coop!!  My friend is so wonderful, so understanding, so patient with my children.  The best part is she lets me bring my dog to her fenced back yard during coop.  I am going to miss her so much when we move.


My favorite thing this week was…

Setting up email for my older 2 children for correspondence with their friends.  They got email from friends and family this week.  It was quite cute, and now I have something to use as 'encouragement' for things getting done.  "You can check your email after x, y, z."


I’m reading…

A great book (albeit secular and dated) 401 Ways to Get Your Kids to Work at Home.  I highly recommend it.  It is not written from a Christian perspective, but the practical steps and ideas were implemented well this last week.  Another HS mother from our church gave it to me and I have thanked her already :-)








I’m cooking…

Homemade refried beans, and they were fantastic!!  I started by placing a large bag of dried pinto beans in the pot along with some diced onion, plenty of garlic, some greek seasoning, and a good spoonfull of chicken base.  I simmered that happy group all day, while making sure the water wtayed above the beans.  I then put the beans into my food processor, ground it all up, and stirred in in a hot skillet with some olive oil till they were fried.  So good with our fajitas!
I’m grateful for…


I’m praying for…

Our move, transportation of the vehicle, the rental house... for God to help me be patient while He reveals the details He already has ordered.  


A photo, video, link, or quote to share…



Comments

  1. I'm sure it's hard to move (over and over), but I'm a little "green" over here...I would love to visit Alaska! It looks SO beautiful and we would love to see igloos and more traditional Inuit culture. Think of it as another life adventure! LOL All the best with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all come on up and have some fun!! It does get old moving around so much, however, I keep telling myself how amazing it is that we get to see so much of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think making refried beans was that easy; I might have to try it myself. Love your lemons picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog

    pleased you were able to see the good God has planned for you in your move
    He truly does have everything worked out in advance for you on this

    like the sound of that book :) shall have to add it to my to read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to make homemade refried beans--but I never have! I love the idea of the kids writing a newspaper! So cool!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts