Like a fraggie ball

I keep bouncing back to you! Like a rubber ball, baby, that's all I am to you...

You bounce my heart around...You don't even put her down..

Joining in the fragments today with Mrs. 4444 over at Half Past Kissin Time. Do you have fragments to unload? Bounce on over and dump them in her 'yard', I am sure she won't mind ;-)

Mommy's Idea
~~~



This FF post was started a couple weeks ago. I didn't get on last Friday to finish it up for posting because I was busy enjoying my Valentine's Day gift.

Hubby gave me a whole day to myself. I got to go do the grocery shopping alone (and yes, I happen to be one of those really weird people who love grocery shopping!), I was able to stop for Starbucks coffee, I had fast food lunch that was horrible for me ;-), and then spent the afternoon with my daughter getting pedicures together. It was a wonderful day and so very relaxing. Thank you so much sweetie for knowing what I needed and covering the home place for me!! The man even did homeschool with the kids. Wowsa and wooohoo!!!

~~~

JJ caught a nasty cold this week. I won't go TMI on you, but he had a rough week. He did get to sleep in a recliner in order to breathe easier. He slept through the insanity that is our breakfast routine Wednesday! The sun is still not up until after 9am here.

 The nasty cold thing swept through all the kids. I usually do a pretty good job of isolating the sicko and keeping the germs contained. Not this time :-(

Can I tell you how wonderful it was having this sickness here this week? It wasn't a gross sickness, it just made my kids all lethargic and sleepy. I got all sorts of stuff done around here ;-)

~~~

I would like to draw attention to a few fun series going on right now that you may be unaware of.

1. Harrington Harmonies is doing an amazing series on Chaplains that caught my attention a few weeks ago. I am now hooked ('cause you know I love history!). She has put together and found some inspirational Chaplains in her series:


 2. Hubby is doing a series on Forgiveness in Marriage. I know some may not be religious, but forgiveness inside any relationship does not hinge on religion. Forgiveness is a key issue in maintaining a relationship with anyone and the need for it arises on a pretty regular basis (if you are married to another human being ;-) )


Frugal Family 20133. A group of blogs I read regularly have a series going concerning living Frugal in 2013. I love this subject and I love sharing the ways we have chosen to be more frugal this past year. In fact, it's a series I wanted to do myself, but I just never seemed to get it off the ground. This week I posted my frugal with cell phones post and next week will be tracking money. There are some very creative ladies out there who do frugal so that it's not 'frumpy'. You should give them a gander :-)

~~~

I am finally doing one of those famous 30 day challenge things, but of course, I tweaked it ;-)

A couple months ago, hubby and I were discussing the meal planning and we both realized that it had been months since I had tried a new recipe. I was cycling the same 10 or so meals through the kitchen and that is unlike me. So, with the help of Jamie and Pinterest giving me a nudge, I have decided that for the next 30 days: I will not repeat a dinner meal. It has actually been fun and challenging not to fall back on some favorites that I know without really thinking ;-)

This week we have had:
Crepes
Stuffed Manicotti
New Orleans Crab and Shrimp Soup
Japanese Steakhouse with fried rice with homemade crab rangoons
Split Pea Soup


~~~

Another one for my football fans (those of us already going through withdrawal, yet needing the break from our team's rough year). These are a compilation of the top ten favorite Super Bowl commercials from 2008!

Comments

  1. I love crab rangoon and made a fabulous dip I found on pinterest. I've been trying to eat a little cleaner and as a result have been trying new recipes. Last night was curried sweet potato soup. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, we could get together and crab it up!! What is your Pinterest ID, do you have the dip pinned?? And that soup sounds great! I would love to try that!

      Delete
  2. I've been trying some new recipes from Pinterest ... otherwise I, too, am recycling the same limited number of recipes. Boooording. ;-)

    Hope you all are done with the nasty cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy to get in a rut, but really, it can be a bit scary to step out with a new recipe. Some of them are weird!!!

      I think I will be the last one to get this cold, isn't that typical ;-)

      Delete
  3. I try and do one new recipe a week because we too get in a rut. It is even worse when there are only two of you and everything creates leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother has been relaying that phenomenon. She can make a small pot of something and it will last them for days now. She gets to snicker at my grocery bill and crow about hers. It's pretty funny :-) Something that we enjoy going back and forth with.

      Delete
  4. Hi - Thanks for stopping my blog earlier today. I agree with your comments on forgiveness...and marriage :-) And I must say I love the chalet picture in your header!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Alaska house looks something like that except a more severe A-frame. I just have not been able to get a clear picture lately of the snow covered cabin with the mts behind it. Too much snow falling ;-) So I found this on a free layout. It is very much an Alaska feeling photo.

      Hubby does a lot of marriage counseling. Marriage is an important thing to us. Thanks for stopping back :-)

      Delete
  5. Your Valentine's gift sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!!! You have your hands full with kiddos, I know you understand :-)

      Delete
  6. What a fantastic VDay gift. You totally deserve it. I was watching The Talk today while riding my stationary bike and Donny Osmond schooled me a little on marriage. He was talking about how in all the years he's been married he can hardly remember what any of the arguments were about because, "it just doesn't matter." Truth be told I can't really remember what any of our arguments have been about either. Usually it's about holding on to a grudge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can get very caught up with keeping score. But for the sake of my marriage and remembering I too mess up, I have learned to let things go. I would love to be a marriage champion :-)

      It was a lovely and much needed day away :-) Thanks Claudya!

      Delete
  7. I'm not a football fan....but I LOVE the Super Bowl Commercials. [Baseball season begins now...that I watch and pay attention to faithfully. Ya, I know...boring!!] Hope you're all feeling better soon. And enjoyed reading of your hubby's gift to you. A 'day off'...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commercials just crack me up!! Hey, baseball is fun :-) And thank you, I too hope we bounce past this soon.

      Delete
  8. We battled the nasty virus last week... yuk!!
    I like grocery shopping if I can take my time. I dislike carrying groceries.
    Football was dreadful for us this year.
    I agree, forgiveness in a marriage is huge and we need reminders. Forgiveness is a big deal in general
    and often misunderstood.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my college team was not 'in the game' this year. Those virus deals are so mean :-(

      I hope you also have a great weekend, and thank you for swinging by :-)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for stopping over. That house in your header....is that yours? I got a nasty cold a few weeks ago and I was being so careful. With retirement in our near future my husband wants me to start living a more frugel life. The food looks so yummy. Have a nice weekend and so nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This house is much more photogenic than ours. Our Alaska house is a very tall A-frame but the snow has been falling so much that the clouds don't let me get a good picture of the Chugach Mts that we face. That header pic is from a freebie blog layout, but it sure looks like a typical Alaska cabin to me. So I chose it since we are also buried in snow right now.

      Good luck with the frugal. It can be hard at first, truly it can. but the rewards roll around pretty quickly :-)

      Delete
  10. Such a wonderful Valentine's gift!! I love your header!! Have a wonderful upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Tami!! Did you guys get hit with the snow storm?

      That header is what Alaska looks like right now :-)

      Delete
  11. What a thoughtful Valentine's gift! When my kids were little, I relished those trips to the grocery store by myself. Now I look forward to going with my college daughter every few weeks. Our little get-together. Funny how time changes things! And I do remember how much I could get accomplished when they were feeling a little sick. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sisters and I love grocery shopping with mom. You are right, it switches up a bit when you grow up. How fun that you guys get to do that!

      It is nice to get things done, eh? ;-)

      Delete
  12. So much good stuff here...
    First, congrats on a great day to yourself. That is indeed a luxury. Secondly, I hope your little man is much better -- I have slept with my kids on the couch to help keep them semi-upright. Boy, would I have liked a recliner!
    Finally, I am trying to be more frugal so I will check out that meme.
    My best to you this weekend!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I insisted on a recliner when the 3rd baby was on the way. I needed it to sleep in myself ;-)

      We know just how special a day away for ourselves can be, don't we??

      The frugal thing has already given me several good ideas. I hope you find some good nuggets too :-)

      Delete
  13. I love grocery shopping too. There's something so therapeutic about pushing around a cart.

    I agree. No matter who you are and what you believe. Forgiveness is a basic human necessity for the forgiver. So many people are made sick by their bitterness. It's sad. And I've definitely been there.

    I stay frugal with our cell phones by having a family plan with my sister and brother in law.

    Congrats on actually making pinterest food. It all looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My folks share a plan with my sister and her hubby. That is a great idea too!! We are just too far away to benefit from it :-(

      Oh I totally agree, forgiveness is so much for the forgiver!! Bitterness is some nasty baggage to carry around :-(

      Delete
  14. Kay, is your header your home??? It is GORGEOUS whether it is or it isn't yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our 'cabin' is a much more severe A frame style, but this is a typical Alaska house this time of year. It's why I chose it. But I would have preferred the sky to be more clear lately so that I could get our cabin, snow covered, with the mountains behind it. *sigh* I never seem to get good photos taken :-(

      Delete
  15. What a thoughtful gift! Glad you enjoyed your day. I'm also one of those people who usually enjoy grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby is getting so much better at realizing I need time away. It was a very thoughtful and timely gift :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts