By the time December rolled around, I was ready to send the kids to whatever Christian Schooling option was available to us. I had even looked up the tuition rates ;-) It takes a lot for this hyperactive, goal driven woman to toss in the while flag ;-)
Did you know that God is good and He works for the good of His children, even in times of trials and struggles? This past weekend I had the true pleasure of a women's retreat. I was whisked away to a Bed and Breakfast in Willow, Alaska (there is nothing in Willow!!!!) Our speaker, Mary, was a God-send to me. She had us open a letter from God and spend time in quiet meditation on the letter sent to God's children in Ephesus.
I am extremely thankful for this letter and for the message of encouragement it gave me. I came home feeling like a new woman ready to manage all that God has put on my plate. It's a really good feeling after the last six months!!!
I am thankful for...
- A rich inheritance from the Lord. I have generations of devoted Christians who have gone before me. Many of these Godly women moved many times over their married lives and left me an example of how to raise large families well. They also showed me how to do this gracefully.
- I am thankful for the weekend away to be refreshed and renewed in my spirit.
- I am thankful for Mary who was inspired to let us spend time in Ephesians instead of lecturing us on Ephesians.
- I am thankful for the letter written to Ephesus and the possessions that Christ has secured for me. In Christ I am:
- an heir
- rooted and grounded in love
- I am thankful for Christ's provision and for His renewing a right Spirit within me
- I am thankful for a heavenly Father who draws His children into His lap when they are hurting and feel broken
- I am thankful for the promise that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Have you been run into the ground lately by life? Do you desire to be refreshed? If you can find some quiet time, open a Bible and read through Ephesians. On a piece of paper list the things that you once were and on the other side of the paper, write down what you have in Christ. You will find a long list of possessions that have been purchased for you by Christ.
"Possess your possessions" John Stott