Farm Style Sausage Bake

There is little else on earth that I love more than a meat and potato dish! I guess it's from growing up in the Midwest with meat all around me ;-)

This dish is easy and fun and really doesn't require measuring. Just adapt it to your house size and enjoy. I did have to borrow a photo of this dish. I have made it for years and the one time I want to take pictures of it, I got it very over done in a high crock pot mistake :-(


You need:

2lbs potatoes, boiled and mashed
Half a bundle chopped green onion
4 cloves garlic
4 Tbsp butter or margarine
Buttermilk to preferred consistency
Pepper
Nutmeg
Italian seasoning
Smoked sausage, cut up
1cup mozzarella
Grated Parmesan

Boil potatoes to desired softness, then drain. Place in baking dish and mash with butter and seasonings. Add buttermilk to desired consistency, then mix in cut sausage and mozzarella. Sprinkle top with Parmesan and bake, uncovered, 30 minutes in preheated 400* oven.

This can also be done in the crock pot on low for a few hours. Not high, the edges will crisp if you aren't paying attention, trust me ;-)


Comments

Popular Posts