Chocolate Pancakes

We are a huge fan of pancakes....well, some of us are huge fans of pancakes. My hubby could really do without them and so I try to make them when he is out of town on duty, like tonight :-)

I have shared with you our buttermilk pancake recipe in the past, now I am going to share with you how we adapt this recipe to make chocolate pancakes :-)

You Need:
3 cups AP flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
dash salt
3 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
2 eggs
6 Tbsp butter, melted
2-4 cups buttermilk

Place all the dry ingredients (holding out the cocoa powder), and set the stand mixer on low. Let it all get happy together and then gradually add the cocoa powder. It needs to be well blended before you add anything wet.

Melt your butter/margarine (microwave on power level 3 for a minute or two should do it well). I add 2 cups buttermilk, the 2 eggs, and the butter all at once. The batter will be sticky. I slowly add another cup of buttermilk, or possibly a 4th to make the consistency I want. Slowly add buttermilk until you have the thickness you desire.

*Note: if you use normal milk, you will need to go very slowly adding it because it is much thinner than buttermilk and you will use less!

Comments

  1. well now, this makes me drool. ANYthing chocolate!!

    Enjoyed reading your Fragments in the post below this also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids love them much more than I do. I need cut up strawberries and whipped cream to top mine ;-) They like syrup and powdered sugar!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts