Lemon Dill Sauce


I found a great recipe for some lemon dill sauce to go with our fish. It is fresh and very tasty! It goes well over halibut, salmon, and the crab cakes that I love!!

Again, I will remind you all that I give a recipe, but don't follow to the letter nor do I generally measure exactly while in the kitchen. I do apologize if this is unhelpful for you ;-)

You Need:
1 cup mayo (I prefer Duke's)
1/4 cup buttermilk (remember, you can always add more)
fresh dill
chopped green onion
lemon juice (start with 1 Tbsp, you can always add more)

I toss in a bowl the mayo first, then the buttermilk. Whip those together well. I prefer lots of green in my sauce, so I use half the pouch of dill found in the veggie section of the supermarket. I also grab 3-4 green onion and snip a whole bunch into the mayo mix with my kitchen shears. I squeeze the lemon juice into the mix and whip. At this point, depending on the taste preference, you can adjust the consistency with either more lemon juice or more buttermilk.

I let this chill in the fridge for hours before serving for a full flavor marriage to occur. Let everyone drizzle over their fish and serve beside home made cole slaw! Super yummy!!

Here is the link to my Maryland Blue Crab Cakes:





Comments

  1. AnonymousJune 17, 2013

    This sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the freshness of the taste :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts!!

Popular Posts